Select a Region
(4 / 5)The overall impression of my trip was "Great !"
I'm fine, thanks, and right now spending my last evening in Mendoza Ciudad before leaving tomorrow for the province.
The overall impression of my trip was "Great !". I was already thinking about what to send to you as feedback, and I find it hard to find reasonable points for improvement.
The destinations per se:
Good choice, nothing to complain. A nice mixture of "adventure" (Torres del Paine, El Chalten), the mixture (El Calafate) and a luxurious end (Bariloche). I enjoyed the dias libre, respectively needed them to get personal things done.
- The tour to Perito Moreno could be improved by adding the option of the "minitrekking". It was good to be with a small group, but with the masses of tourists milling around the glacier and the restaurant, the not-so-good-weather, the large block of free time at the end was too much. It could be used to do something additionally (i.e. the minitrekking).
- The organisation for my transport-daytour to Torres del Paine was great, even if on the way back I did not fully understood the need for a specific car for myself, following the south road tourist bus from Torres del Paine past the chilean and argentinian border, where after a few minutes I was joining the tour bus, and my transport heading back to chile. They told me to wait for a white van, but when the official tour bus just went by me at Laguna Amarga, I felt a bit frightend. Luckily the promised white van just followed after a few more minutes... I was already working on plan B to get back to the Torres hotel :-)
- The transport to and from El Chalten was good, I had a very comfy ride back in a private 4x4 as it was just me, and the driver.
- The Kawen guys in Bariloche are just great ! Here the sequence of the "Circuito Chico"-tour and "dia libre" was switched around and they offered me an optional additional tour to "brazo de tristeza" in their small group boat trip. I accepted and we had a great time, with the appropriate rainish weather to walk in the forest. Aline the guia is really into guiding and having tourists around, so also on the personal level it was very nice. Next day on the "Circuito Chico" the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and a very nice fit to see all the montains, lakes and forests of Bariloche "alrededor" very clearly. Again with Aline, so it felt already like a familiy trip (exagerating here, but I guess you know what I mean).
Generally there is always something to complain about, but the then I went with "comfortable", and could have chosen "luxurious", right ? ;-)
- The Kau Yatun in EL Calafate: Really nice hotel, good restaurant, and nice bar. Very good to have these amenities, as walking the 10+ cuadras into el centro felt just too far some evenings. The gave me a free upgrade to one of their suites the first night, which was very nice. When I returned from Torres del Paine, I got the standard room I had booked for. I got a back room which felt darkish, and maybe I should have asked them for another room going to the other side. Additionally I had problems with the toilet flushing (which they fixed) and not having hot water the last evening in the shower. So the room was a bit of "minus", but that was made up by their people at the desk and the bar/restaurante who were cheerful, helping me with my personal problems (changing money during feria, finding a new USB charger).
- The Torres del Paine hotel gets full marks ! They even helped me out with a bucket of glue, so I could glue the sole on my walking boots back to the shoe... Great restaurant, good bar with their own cerveza artesanal. One thing though: The let you pay certain items with USD without applying tax, which sound like a geat deal to us touristas extranjeros, but once you look at the bad exchange rate they would give you, it looked a bit cheapish/cheatish... So instead of paying tax, you just loose the money in the exchange rate. I did not check if it would be the same amount of money, and went paying with my chilean pesos.
- The Pudu Lodge in El Chalten: I just like this place ! It has no restaurant, and if there are many tourists, you don't need an alarm clock to get out of bed in the morning, but it has nice rooms and a good feel to it :-) Again very nice people, and the hotel is nicely situated for the walks so one has not to pass through the whole village on the way out and in. Which of course means, that to go to a restaurant or bar, you alwas have to walk to the city center... One night on my way back I was thoroughly drenched by rain and wished the Pudu Lodge would be closer.
- The Rochester in Bariloche: Very luxurious, I did not notice this was an aparat hotel with no restaurant and bar services, and the system to order desayuno needs a bit of training to get right... for them and myself. I enjoyed their spa, sitting in the warm water, with the cool air on your head and watching the incredible view. Again it is quite far out of the city, but Kawen (Frederico) gave me tips of restaurants nearby ("Pulperia El Salamandra", best meat I have eaten so far !) so I did not need to organize taxis and such. So in the light of "comforable"-level this was a bit over the top ... but who am I to complain.
So nothing serious to complain of, and I enjoyed the whole 12 days !
About the photo: One of myself ? Or just a photo of my trip ?
Thanks fore the recipe, and the wine list. Looking at my cooking skills, I think the wine list gets a heavier usage :-)
Anymore feedback needed, just tell me.
Con mucho saludos,
(5 / 5)excursions were extraordinary.
Our trip went very well. We enjoyed all sightseeng, glaciers, Food, People, wine etc. of Argentina & Chile. Excursion tours were excellent. Cruise travel with their food & excursions were extraordinary.
Thanks to Sayhueque staff and specially Lucia for initial tour arrangements.
(5 / 5)I would not hesitate to recommend your company for Argentina-bound travelers
Buenos dies, Ursula--
Sorry for the slow response.
We had a wonderful trip. The service by Say Hueque was outstanding. The one time when they failed to pick us up at the BA airport was more than made up for. The hotels were excellent, and your guides knowledgeable and helpful- often beyond what was required. I would not hesitate to recommend your company for Argentina-bound travelers. I especially want to commend you for your follow-up throughout the trip.
Un mil gracias!
(5 / 5)Please thank the team for their work. We had a great time in Chile and Argentine and your arrangements made the trip very smooth
So nice to hear from you. We so enjoyed our time with you in Buenos Aries, you gave us a lovely introduction to your city.
Please thank the team for their work. We had a great time in Chile and Argentine and your arrangements made the trip very smooth. We were really pleased with the guides in each city and we had just the right amount of touring and free time. Driving from El Calafate and back and using the car to get to Perito Morano was a breeze and a perfect way to see the area. Hertz had no problem with us picking up the car at the airport and dropping it in town.
We really enjoyed most of the hotels especially Casa Sur, The hotel in El Chaltan is a bit run down and not up to the standards of the others. We loved our stay at Torres del Paine; the hotel was great, the tours great, the food great and beautifully presented but there isn't enough variety.The menu never changes which is a problem when you are so isolated.
There is probably nothing that can be done to change this but the lake crossing from Puerto Varas to Bariloche is so long with all the lengthy stops. The first portion of it would have been enough of it for me.
Thanks to you all again, Dorothy
(5 / 5)I would like to thank you and your agency for arranging this wonderful trip
Please find below my comments :
Which hotel did you like the most?
In general we were very happy with the selection of the hotels. The location, cleanliness and the service was good. The hotel which we most liked was the Posada de Madryn hotel where we experienced friendly and helpful staff, enjoyed the lawns and the swimming pool and were able to relax.
The hotel we did not like was the Kau Kaleshen Hotel in El Calafate. Some of the reception staff were rude. We had dinner one night at their restaurant and when I asked if I had to pay cash immediately, the supervisor, a lady who was also serving, said that we could charge it to the room and pay the next day. I signed the bill and went to my room and when just about to go to sleep, I get this call from the reception, in a very rude voice, that I have to immediately come down and pay the invoice in cash. Though I mentioned what the supervisor had told me, he was insistent and told me that I had to pay now. The departments there should communicate better and the guests should not be the victim of their “disorder”.
Which was your favourite excursion?
We have 2:
1. City trip Buenos Aires conducted by Florencia. It was the next day, after our arrival and was important to get a good first impression. Florencia managed to achieve both showing us the city and explaining in details the history and background and also interacting with us in a very pleasant way, to make us feel comfortable. She was definitely the best guide we had on our tour.
2. Ushuaia. The place is magic and the guide was also very knowledgable. He had a good sense of humour and kept us interested the whole excursion.
The most disappointing was the trip my sons made to snorkel with sea lions in Puerto Madryn. It cost $250,00 p.p. and with that kind of money you would expect a memorable experience. They were taken out in the afternoon whereas the hotel staff were surprised because early morning was the best time. And during the dive they did not see any sea lion in the water or swimming next to them. It was literally a waste of money.
What was the best of traveling with us?
The best was that we had one contact person, in our case Florencia, who was always available throughout the trip for questions, suggestions and advice. We were also very happy with the pick up services and their punctuality. Communication was perfect and information given to us was very good.
Is there anything you think could be improved?
Though I am aware that we took comfort hotels, the breakfast in quite a few of the hotels was sparse. There is definitely room for improvement there.
I would like to thank you and your agency for arranging this wonderful trip. For us, it has truly been a rich experience to explore your beautiful country, meet your people and we would definitely recommend you to our friends.
Peter & Eleanor Bellefeuille
Peter & Eleanor Bellefeuille
(5 / 5)I think Say Hueque is definitely on the right track as we in the older generation still want to travel
Good Afternoon Florencia,
How lovely to receive your email. We arrived home safely on Thursday morning feeling very tired. It was a long flight of over ten hours and we find it difficult to sleep basically sitting up. I think we are now back to normal with everything unpacked and laundry etc taken care of.
To answer your questions regarding Say Hueque. We could not have been happier. Everything ran smoothly, guides were on time, and were very efficient and knowledgeable. I really don't think we could have completed the trip so successfully without the expertise of Say Hueque and the people with which we connected. Florencia, you were so helpful and friendly. We really developed a soft spot for you and you will be remembered for many years to come. It was great unexpectedly seeing you again at breakfast in the hotel. Hope your tour with the couple that did not show up on time finally went well.
All the guides in all locations were very good: You obviously in Buenos Aires; Caesar in Iguaçu Argentina; I apologize but I have forgotten the guides name in Iguaçu Brazil, but she was fantastic (if you know who it was, I would love to have her name); Pavla in Valparaiso; and Patricia in Santiago. I do have to say that Caesar, although trying to give us space, we felt left us alone a little too often. Had he walked with us rather than telling us a meeting point, we may have gained more information about our surroundings. Patricia in Santiago was exceptional. She had a wealth of knowledge, and like you Florencia, developed a rapport with her clients.
My favourite hotel was the Casa Sur Bellini. It was modern, clean, breakfast was good, staff were great, and the location walkable. The hotel in Iguaçu, the Amerian, was lovely. The grounds, lobby, staff, atrium, food etc were fantastic. We did feel however that the rooms were in need of repair and/or updating. When I did request a repair to the leaky shower, it was handled immediately. The rooms, being wide open to the atrium did cause some noise when trying to sleep at night due to music and parties from the lower level. The last hotel, NH Santiago was also very good. The staff, breakfast, helpfulness etc were great, but I felt our room needed some attention. The blind would not work, the ceiling was cracked and falling above the door, and the area around the shower/bath appeared old and dirty. No bath mat was provided and the floor of the tub was extremely slippery despite the bath tub grips. They were worn off.
As for our excursions, we enjoyed them all, but I think the favourite had to be the tango show. I know that you just asked for Argentina, but I have also included the Chile side since your company organized it. The wine tours we took in the Maipo Valley were the best we had ever taken.
I have to say the best part of travelling with Say Hueque was the private guides, cars etc. We felt very safe and comfortable and loved having our time prearranged. With our language barrier of not speaking Spanish, and not knowing the culture and ways of the people, we would have had a very difficult time managing on our own. We have to give credit to Silvia and Pia for their patience and guidance in setting out a trip we will cherish for years to come. There was a lot of back and forth emails, but we were so pleased with the results and would recommend Say Hueque to anyone without hesitation. We have, in fact, mentioned the company to several people already. It really was our pleasure to deal with you.
I hope you find this information helpful in planning for others. The items I mentioned are very small in the grand scheme of things and in no way did they hamper our trip or our love of it. Thank you for helping make it so memorable. We worked with a private company on our trip to Africa and now this one to South America. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I think Say Hueque is definitely on the right track as we in the older generation still want to travel, but perhaps have more of the details and itineraries taken care of for us. Thank you once again,
Hugs from Ottawa and the snow,
Eleanor and Pierre
Edward Del Grosso
Edward Del Grosso
(5 / 5)Thanks for all your help.
Sorry for the delayed response. We made it home without trouble. We loved your country more than you can know. Setup of the hotels and flights was perfect. No complaints. While I think our next foray to South America will be Peru, after that it's back to Argentina with what may be yearly trips.
Thanks for all your help.
(4 / 5)The excursions were all good and well planned
It was very nice meeting you and Vanessa and we found both of you very good.
I will send you some pix of our trip on What s App
I have already written several reviews on Trip Advisor pertai ning to this trip and am sharing them with you .
We loved the boutique Hotels in Salta and Purmamarca. Well done
In Iguazu the location was unbeatable
Park Hyatt was excellent in Buenos Aires
The drivers were all good except one
The excursions were all good and well planned
On the down side I am not sure the choice of the Tango restaurant was the best available .
The driver sent to pick us up at Buenos Aires city airport after our return from Iguazu parked very far away , didnt help us with the luggage and walked very fast far ahead of us . It was difficult to keep up with him .
All good wishes ,
Dr Gun Nidhi Dalmia
Dale and Jane Cunningham
Dale and Jane Cunningham
(5 / 5)We will definitely recommend Say Hueque for any friends who decide to come to Argentina, a wonderful country of friendly people.
All of you ladies did a tremendous job in making our stay in Argentina wonderful, both in leading tours and making arrangements. I applaud you skills, friendliness, and efficiency.
Our trip to Iguazu Falls was the most memorable of our experiences in South America. I could not believe the size of the falls, massive amount of water flowing over them, and getting wet was fun! Constanza was an outstanding guide.
FLorencia did an excellent job of showing us Buenos Aires on a wonderful 4 hour tour.
Augustina adapted to my need for details and arranged a last minute 4 hour tour of Buenos Aires between our flights. Sylvia was great in making all the initial arrangements and making them according to our needs.
We will definitely recommend Say Hueque for any friends who decide to come to Argentina, a wonderful country of friendly people.
Thanks, Dale and Jane Cunningham
(5 / 5)Thank you so much for all your help and kindness.
Thank you so much for your email. You have been so kind and thorough. Thank you so much for your hospitality and all your help and information.
My favorite hotel in Buenos Aires was L'hotel Palermo. It was a little oasis in the midst of noise and crowd. I loved the beautiful yard, pool and garden room and of course the breakfast in a relaxed setting.
The most beautiful tour was a boat tour/hike in Braso Tristessa lake, led by Kawen tours.
My favorite hotel in Calafate was l'estapa . Their views, quietness, multiple rooms to read and relax and the very best gourmet dinner, lunch and breakfast. It was a feas
I just loved lake Argentina and Perito Moreno was the biggest highlight of my trip.
Thank you so much for all your help and kindness.