Select a Region
(5 / 5)It is very positive and reflects our great satisfaction with the arrangements made by Say Hueque for us.
We have posted an entry on Tripadvisor, as requested.
It is very positive and reflects our great satisfaction with the arrangements made by Say Hueque for us.
I hope this helps to secure the business that your company's service deserves.
With all good wishes from us and, again, our thanks to all at SH.
Richard and Janet
ps Although we did not get to any of the carnival celebrations, we did spend a very pleasant last day in BA: Teatro Colon (wow!!!), Belles Artes, San Telmo market for the Tango etc...., and then a brilliant steak with Malbec!!!
(4.5 / 5)I hope this is helpful and thank you so much for taking such good care of us.
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but, I started, then stopped with my reply to you. I was very happy with the entire trip, and glad that all the internal flights were fine, with little to no delays. We liked all the hotels, with the only poor experience in El Calafate when the hotel had a fire, which was beyond anyone's control. We unfortunately had to waste the rest of the day being shuttled to and from their sister hotel where we had to wait in chaotic conditions. I recognize that I basically selected all the hotels myself, so, I have no complaint with your services. Of course, the Alvear I felt was worth the splurge for the one night we stayed, especially since we had the luxury of a bit of extra time there our last day. At Bobo, which seemed like a nice hotel too, we were there such a short time, we did not have a chance to try their restaurant, which I hear is very good, or their breakfast even, since we had to leave by 7 am, and their breakfast service had not started yet. We also really liked the Arakur Hotel, which I would highly recommend as also worth the extra splurge. Their amenities were wonderful and we took advantage of taking a free 3 hour hike with the hotel's staff, their wonderful indoor/outdoor pool, excellent
There was only one error in the final itinerary which I was given - in Ushuaia, the trip to Isla Martillo was mistakenly put down on the itinerary as with another tour operator. Fortunately, I went early and after I made inquiries realized that it was a mistake on the itinerary. I would therefore definitely recommend to your clients to take all their vouchers with them. If I hadn't I might have missed that tour. In addition, they required the vouchers be presented.
All the excursions were good and if I were to have changed one thing, I might have spent one less day in Ushuaia and spent that extra day traveling to el Chalten, but, I am not really sure about that...
I thought long and hard before I booked the trip with you since I felt that I could have done it on my own for a lot less by booking everything directly on the internet. Perhaps unlike many travelers, I do extensive research myself, which is why I selected the hotels, the Australis boat trip and even the special they had adding the 2 nights in Arakur Hotel through Australis.
At the end, I booked it through you in order to have a contact in Argentina, in case anything went wrong, especially since we were taking so many internal flights (5!). I appreciated all the services you provided and I thought you personally were an excellent guide on our half day with you in Buenos Aires. I am also grateful that despite the approximately 12 hour delay in our flight arrival time, you were there at the airport with our car and driver.
Overall, I would certainly recommend Say Hueque's services, especially for those who do not necessarily wish to do all the planning themselves, since your recommendations are good and your service was always prompt and reliable.
I hope this is helpful and thank you so much for taking such good care of us. It was a wonderful trip and I look forward to returning to Argentina and visiting the northwest area and many other areas we did not have a chance to visit this past trip.
All the best,
Katie O’Brien & Bill Grevatt
Katie O’Brien & Bill Grevatt
(5 / 5)If we are ever fortunate enough to travel to your beautiful part of the world again, we would use Say Hueque without hesitation.
What a delight to hear from you! We are also delighted to offer you feedback on our experience. We would recommend Say Hueque without reservation. See below for some further details that you are most welcome to use in whatever way you would like.
In gratitude and wishing you the best!
Katie O’Brien & Bill Grevatt
Our favorite Hotels were in Torres Del Paine and Ushuaia – beautiful vistas, location, and truly exceptional service. Especially from the staff in Torres Del Paine who along with Say Hueque went the true extra mile in re-uniting us with our lost passports!
I would say our favorite excursions (it’s very difficult to select 1) that Say Hueque arranged was our fabulous city Tour in Buenos Aires (I believe it was Ursula who provided fantastic historical knowledge and context and who was engaging and accommodating.)
Additionally our cruise in the Beagle Channel and guided hike the next day in Tierra Del Fuego were true highlights with another pair of fantastic guides.
The best part of traveling with Say Hueque? In addition to the soulful and beautiful accommodations and authentic and expert guides as mentioned above, one of the best aspects of traveling with Say Hueque was the care we received at what can normally be the most stressful stretches of trips such as this – arrivals and destinations. During our 16 days, we had at least 5 flights where we needed to be transported to or picked-up from the airport. From the thoroughly gracious and informative Christmas Day welcome you offered Patty – including a bottle of fine Malbec upon arrival, to Say Hueque’ s checking us in and providing boarding passes for our internal flights, to the always reliable and friendly pick-ups at the airport or hotel, to our final gift of a box of Argentinian chocolates, Say Hueque made “transitions” easy.
If we are ever fortunate enough to travel to your beautiful part of the world again, we would use Say Hueque without hesitation.
Muchas gracias por todo,
Katie O’Brien & Bill Grevatt
Whittier, CA USA
(4 / 5)ust wanted to thank you again for such a wonderful trip, it was great, no issues at all.
Just wanted to thank you again for such a wonderful trip, it was great, no issues at all.
Some quick comments on the itinerary:
Ushuaia: Hosteria Del Recodo
Very nice, one of the nicest place I stayed, although a bit far from town and not much to do in the area, staff very friendly and rooms very clean
Punta Arenas: Hostal Oro Fueguino
Puerto Natales: Hotel Amerindia
Very, very friendly staff, great place and a wonderful stay, very cozy and comfortable, and great breakfasts!
El Calafate: Cauquenes de Nimez
Very nice place and a wonderful stay, and great breakfasts! They had bike available (which is one of the reason I close the hotel) which was great (although the bikes might need form work, flat tires and twisted handle bars).
El Chalten: Hosteria Pudu Lodge
Friendly and helpful staff and good breakfasts.
Fantástico Sur put together a great program. the accommodations were perfect and distances great, I think I would have liked to have one more day at the end of the hike at the hotel to relax. The route was perfect, what was the best was Torres was the main attraction and I did that last, so always had something to look forward to, and also after the major sight of the day (Grey Glacier, French Valley, etc) the refugeo was very close.
The buses and the other transports (ferry, vans, etc) were great. Only issue was the trip from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia. There was little ventilation in the bus and also in the van so it was hot and a bit uncomfortable. It was also a long day, it would have been better to take a bus the entire way (Bus Sur had a non stop route) rather than waiting in Rio Grande for the shuttle.
The tour of the National Park in Ushuaia was great, the guide and company was great, they were also very helpful printing out my vouchers and with the airport drop offs. No issues in Puerto Natales or El Calafate.
Once again, thanks for everything!
I'll organize my photos and send some along later on.
Andy & Mary Lou, Gary & Gwenn
Andy & Mary Lou, Gary & Gwenn
(4 / 5)At any rate, we had a wonderful time, and Say Hueque did a magnificent job for us
We arrived home safely as scheduled earlier this morning. We are all agreed that this was a wonderful trip, and that you and Say Hueque did an excellent job in helping us and organizing the itinerary. The travel arrangements worked well and were very well organized. All the drivers came on-time, with generally good driving skills. Our hotel accommodations were also generally quite clean and well-located.
We particularly enjoyed and appreciated:
• the hiking and accommodations at Hosteria Torres del Paine
• the trekking on the Perrito Moreno Glacier
• our hiking in El Chalten, with very friendly and helpful staff at the El Paraiso Hotel in El Chalten
• our hotel in Buenos Aires (Patios de San Telmo) was very charming and well-located, also with friendly and helpful staff; excellent free walking tour in Buenos Aires
• excellent tour on the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls
• good dining recommendations in El Calafate (La Tablita), in El Chalten (Cervesceria), and in Iguazu (El Quincho)
Unfortunately the weather did not always cooperate, but of course that is beyond anyone's control, and we were aware that the weather is quite changeable in Patagonia. Even with a few days of overcast or rainy weather, we really enjoyed the hiking, and we were well prepared with suitable clothing.
Our stay in El Calafate coincided with "Carnival". This meant that there was extremely loud music every night we were there until 2:00 in the morning, which is difficult when we have to get up early the next morning for our full day of activities. Our hotel (Kau Kaleshen) was located very near the city centre, which normally would have been a good thing, but it was too close to the late-night music. Had we known that this week was carnival and was going to be loud and noisy late at night, we would have preferred staying at another hotel further from the city centre.
Lastly, another suggestion, you may want to consider for future travelers in Patagonia. Three nights in El Calafate were perhaps too many. After trekking on the glacier, the full-day on the boat (Lake Argentina) was a bit of an anti-climax; we would have been happy to miss this and spend extra time in Torres del Paine or in Buenos Aires.
At any rate, we had a wonderful time, and Say Hueque did a magnificent job for us.
Andy & Mary Lou, Gary & Gwenn
(4 / 5)The overall impression of my trip was "Great !"
I'm fine, thanks, and right now spending my last evening in Mendoza Ciudad before leaving tomorrow for the province.
The overall impression of my trip was "Great !". I was already thinking about what to send to you as feedback, and I find it hard to find reasonable points for improvement.
The destinations per se:
Good choice, nothing to complain. A nice mixture of "adventure" (Torres del Paine, El Chalten), the mixture (El Calafate) and a luxurious end (Bariloche). I enjoyed the dias libre, respectively needed them to get personal things done.
- The tour to Perito Moreno could be improved by adding the option of the "minitrekking". It was good to be with a small group, but with the masses of tourists milling around the glacier and the restaurant, the not-so-good-weather, the large block of free time at the end was too much. It could be used to do something additionally (i.e. the minitrekking).
- The organisation for my transport-daytour to Torres del Paine was great, even if on the way back I did not fully understood the need for a specific car for myself, following the south road tourist bus from Torres del Paine past the chilean and argentinian border, where after a few minutes I was joining the tour bus, and my transport heading back to chile. They told me to wait for a white van, but when the official tour bus just went by me at Laguna Amarga, I felt a bit frightend. Luckily the promised white van just followed after a few more minutes... I was already working on plan B to get back to the Torres hotel :-)
- The transport to and from El Chalten was good, I had a very comfy ride back in a private 4x4 as it was just me, and the driver.
- The Kawen guys in Bariloche are just great ! Here the sequence of the "Circuito Chico"-tour and "dia libre" was switched around and they offered me an optional additional tour to "brazo de tristeza" in their small group boat trip. I accepted and we had a great time, with the appropriate rainish weather to walk in the forest. Aline the guia is really into guiding and having tourists around, so also on the personal level it was very nice. Next day on the "Circuito Chico" the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and a very nice fit to see all the montains, lakes and forests of Bariloche "alrededor" very clearly. Again with Aline, so it felt already like a familiy trip (exagerating here, but I guess you know what I mean).
Generally there is always something to complain about, but the then I went with "comfortable", and could have chosen "luxurious", right ? ;-)
- The Kau Yatun in EL Calafate: Really nice hotel, good restaurant, and nice bar. Very good to have these amenities, as walking the 10+ cuadras into el centro felt just too far some evenings. The gave me a free upgrade to one of their suites the first night, which was very nice. When I returned from Torres del Paine, I got the standard room I had booked for. I got a back room which felt darkish, and maybe I should have asked them for another room going to the other side. Additionally I had problems with the toilet flushing (which they fixed) and not having hot water the last evening in the shower. So the room was a bit of "minus", but that was made up by their people at the desk and the bar/restaurante who were cheerful, helping me with my personal problems (changing money during feria, finding a new USB charger).
- The Torres del Paine hotel gets full marks ! They even helped me out with a bucket of glue, so I could glue the sole on my walking boots back to the shoe... Great restaurant, good bar with their own cerveza artesanal. One thing though: The let you pay certain items with USD without applying tax, which sound like a geat deal to us touristas extranjeros, but once you look at the bad exchange rate they would give you, it looked a bit cheapish/cheatish... So instead of paying tax, you just loose the money in the exchange rate. I did not check if it would be the same amount of money, and went paying with my chilean pesos.
- The Pudu Lodge in El Chalten: I just like this place ! It has no restaurant, and if there are many tourists, you don't need an alarm clock to get out of bed in the morning, but it has nice rooms and a good feel to it :-) Again very nice people, and the hotel is nicely situated for the walks so one has not to pass through the whole village on the way out and in. Which of course means, that to go to a restaurant or bar, you alwas have to walk to the city center... One night on my way back I was thoroughly drenched by rain and wished the Pudu Lodge would be closer.
- The Rochester in Bariloche: Very luxurious, I did not notice this was an aparat hotel with no restaurant and bar services, and the system to order desayuno needs a bit of training to get right... for them and myself. I enjoyed their spa, sitting in the warm water, with the cool air on your head and watching the incredible view. Again it is quite far out of the city, but Kawen (Frederico) gave me tips of restaurants nearby ("Pulperia El Salamandra", best meat I have eaten so far !) so I did not need to organize taxis and such. So in the light of "comforable"-level this was a bit over the top ... but who am I to complain.
So nothing serious to complain of, and I enjoyed the whole 12 days !
About the photo: One of myself ? Or just a photo of my trip ?
Thanks fore the recipe, and the wine list. Looking at my cooking skills, I think the wine list gets a heavier usage :-)
Anymore feedback needed, just tell me.
Con mucho saludos,
(5 / 5)excursions were extraordinary.
Our trip went very well. We enjoyed all sightseeng, glaciers, Food, People, wine etc. of Argentina & Chile. Excursion tours were excellent. Cruise travel with their food & excursions were extraordinary.
Thanks to Sayhueque staff and specially Lucia for initial tour arrangements.
(5 / 5)I would not hesitate to recommend your company for Argentina-bound travelers
Buenos dies, Ursula--
Sorry for the slow response.
We had a wonderful trip. The service by Say Hueque was outstanding. The one time when they failed to pick us up at the BA airport was more than made up for. The hotels were excellent, and your guides knowledgeable and helpful- often beyond what was required. I would not hesitate to recommend your company for Argentina-bound travelers. I especially want to commend you for your follow-up throughout the trip.
Un mil gracias!
(5 / 5)Please thank the team for their work. We had a great time in Chile and Argentine and your arrangements made the trip very smooth
So nice to hear from you. We so enjoyed our time with you in Buenos Aries, you gave us a lovely introduction to your city.
Please thank the team for their work. We had a great time in Chile and Argentine and your arrangements made the trip very smooth. We were really pleased with the guides in each city and we had just the right amount of touring and free time. Driving from El Calafate and back and using the car to get to Perito Morano was a breeze and a perfect way to see the area. Hertz had no problem with us picking up the car at the airport and dropping it in town.
We really enjoyed most of the hotels especially Casa Sur, The hotel in El Chaltan is a bit run down and not up to the standards of the others. We loved our stay at Torres del Paine; the hotel was great, the tours great, the food great and beautifully presented but there isn't enough variety.The menu never changes which is a problem when you are so isolated.
There is probably nothing that can be done to change this but the lake crossing from Puerto Varas to Bariloche is so long with all the lengthy stops. The first portion of it would have been enough of it for me.
Thanks to you all again, Dorothy
(5 / 5)I would like to thank you and your agency for arranging this wonderful trip
Please find below my comments :
Which hotel did you like the most?
In general we were very happy with the selection of the hotels. The location, cleanliness and the service was good. The hotel which we most liked was the Posada de Madryn hotel where we experienced friendly and helpful staff, enjoyed the lawns and the swimming pool and were able to relax.
The hotel we did not like was the Kau Kaleshen Hotel in El Calafate. Some of the reception staff were rude. We had dinner one night at their restaurant and when I asked if I had to pay cash immediately, the supervisor, a lady who was also serving, said that we could charge it to the room and pay the next day. I signed the bill and went to my room and when just about to go to sleep, I get this call from the reception, in a very rude voice, that I have to immediately come down and pay the invoice in cash. Though I mentioned what the supervisor had told me, he was insistent and told me that I had to pay now. The departments there should communicate better and the guests should not be the victim of their “disorder”.
Which was your favourite excursion?
We have 2:
1. City trip Buenos Aires conducted by Florencia. It was the next day, after our arrival and was important to get a good first impression. Florencia managed to achieve both showing us the city and explaining in details the history and background and also interacting with us in a very pleasant way, to make us feel comfortable. She was definitely the best guide we had on our tour.
2. Ushuaia. The place is magic and the guide was also very knowledgable. He had a good sense of humour and kept us interested the whole excursion.
The most disappointing was the trip my sons made to snorkel with sea lions in Puerto Madryn. It cost $250,00 p.p. and with that kind of money you would expect a memorable experience. They were taken out in the afternoon whereas the hotel staff were surprised because early morning was the best time. And during the dive they did not see any sea lion in the water or swimming next to them. It was literally a waste of money.
What was the best of traveling with us?
The best was that we had one contact person, in our case Florencia, who was always available throughout the trip for questions, suggestions and advice. We were also very happy with the pick up services and their punctuality. Communication was perfect and information given to us was very good.
Is there anything you think could be improved?
Though I am aware that we took comfort hotels, the breakfast in quite a few of the hotels was sparse. There is definitely room for improvement there.
I would like to thank you and your agency for arranging this wonderful trip. For us, it has truly been a rich experience to explore your beautiful country, meet your people and we would definitely recommend you to our friends.